Positive Pay is an anti-fraud system that enables a client and their bank to work as a team to detect check fraud. With Positive Pay you can detect potential fraud on your accounts by reviewing items posting and "positively" telling us which checks/items should be paid. You have the ability to review any item that has been identified as an "exception" against your company's issued item file.
What is an "exception" item?An exception is any check debit that is presented to a Positive Pay account during interactive or batch process and is found to have one of the following exceptions:
With Positive Pay you will be able to interactively:
- Non-Issued Item (No issued item record found)
- Mismatch Item (Check amount does not match issued)
- Expired Item (Check Expiration Date exceeded)
- Voided Item (Issued item in a voided status)
- Duplicate Paid Item (Issued item in a paid status)
- View all outstanding issued items
- Modify outstanding issued items
- Add individual issued items
- Void outstanding issued items
- View paid items without exceptions from the previous processing run
- View paid items by date or check number range
- View exception items from the previous processing run
Positive Pay improves the control you have of your account and gives you the tools to prevent check fraud – before it happens!
1 Monthly service charge will apply. See Cash Management Fee Schedule for related fees.